Tuesday 4 June 2013

Pot Design (Shape)

Initial Pot Design

When first planning what sort of pot I wanted to create, I had the initial idea of creating a double handed pot similar to the ones pictured below. However, when looking at the time scale and allowing enough time for the pot to dry I then changed my mind and decided to create a vase like pot and a bowl.




http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/publications/online_research_catalogues/ancient_cyprus_british_museum/kourion/guide_to_the_collection/guide_to_the_collection_i/tombs_from_the_turner_bequest/tombs_from_site_d_phase_i.aspx

www.gardenlimited.co.uk



Here are examples of the shape I intend to make with the clay.


xinliceramic.win.mofcom.gov.cn




namchan.en.ec21.com




www.alibaba.com







https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=yellow+and+black+ceramic+vase&rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB510GB510&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=tmauUYyfLIaT0QWewoCADw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1651&bih=908#rlz=1C5CHFA_enGB510GB510&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=ceramic+bowl&oq=ceramic+bowl&gs_l=img.3..0l10.574134.576873.2.577075.6.5.1.0.0.0.141.329.3j1.4.0...0.0.0..1c.1.15.img.gMUXUtiKWUw&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=f59a9469a41d1c8b&biw=1651&bih=908



Emily Brown


Emily Brown is a artists that works alongside other artists and has a ceramic shop with many different shape and size products. It has a wide range of vases with a similar shape I intend to make. She has simple designs with normally only 1 or 2 colours. I think this technique would work well with my designs. Here is some information about her:

The inspiration behind Emilia Ceramics comes from the people I have met while living and traveling abroad – people who truly prioritize the enjoyment of family, friends, and good food. I believe this attention to life’s simple pleasures is manifested in their colorful ceramics.
While living in Southern Spain, I fell in love with the slower pace of life – where no one seemed too busy to make a new friend, catch up with an old one, or spend hours discussing the virtues of Spanish wine and food. Among other aspects of the Mediterranean culture, I was drawn to the rich traditions surrounding locally made ceramics. In small towns throughout Portugal, Spain, France and Italy, I found artists using ancient techniques to create sophisticated pieces in their own personal style.
A few years later, I turned my passion into my business. Traveling throughout Europe and Mexico, I’ve met and befriended artists who are making beautiful and distinctive ceramics. My intention is to discover unique designs that combine traditional influences with a more modern, fresh feel – pieces that surprise and inspire. I work solely with artists who create and paint every piece by hand, have small-scale productions, and export minimally. I love the opportunity to share both their artwork and a vital piece of their culture with others.









http://www.emiliaceramics.com/store/by-product-vases?




No comments:

Post a Comment